Friday, August 20, 2010

Levi: I know the future.
Me: Oh really?
Levi: I know my future. I know that today I'm going to behave. I don't know what's going to happen, but I know that I'm going to be a good boy.
Me: dumbstruck with the profoundness of a six-year-old boy's wisdom.

This conversation might be the result of me often asking Levi, "Who do you want to be today? You get to decide if you want to be the awesome Levi that I love or the kid who acts in ways that aren't ok. It's up to you." Yesterday he decided to see his future. He was going to be Levi, and that meant behaving and being his amazing, wonderfully created self. I was incredibly challenged and encouraged by both his foresight and his faith. I definitely do not know what is going to happen this evening or tomorrow or next year. But I know that I am Sarah.

1 comment: