Monday, August 23, 2010

It seemed colder this morning. I was watching the lap swimmers (one of whom was 93) and I realized that I wasn't hot. It felt like summer was coming to its end. This evening I let the kids watch a movie and eat pizza in the living room because I realized it was the last night they would be allowed to stay up a little bit later before school started. I have always loved summer. The sun is one of my best friends. I'm dreading the cool months ahead. I know that there is beauty in the fall and winter, but I'm definitely happiest when I'm feeling the warmth of the sun and seeing the brightness even when my eyes are closed. My children are beautifully tanned and have sun streaked hair. I love it. But their white bottoms will cease to stand out as their skin returns to its normal color, and I will no longer have proof of summer. I am determined to spend as much time in the sun as I possibly can these next few weeks, before summer is just a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment