Thursday, August 27, 2009

For the next two days I will be carving with my very favorite medium. I love starting with a big (yummy) rectangle made of flour and butter and sugar and watching it turn into something else. Today, that something else will be a firetruck. A vintage firetruck. A vintage chocolate and buttercream firetruck. Tomorrow I will be turning a few round tiers into a castle fit for a princess. And a carriage. And an extra 6 inch tall three tiered cake so the birthday girl has a cake of her very own. I might be up a little late the next few nights. Trying to be a mom and a decorator only occasionally goes together. Although, I think it must seem like magic to the kids, finding completed creations in the refrigerator when the night before it was just bare cake. (And I do let them eat the scraps, so don't feel bad for them) If I'm ever not sure if something I've made is any good, I let them look at it and automatically feel better about my skills. So, if you have the same standards as a four or five-year-old, I'm am the baker for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment