Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cora: I'm going to tell God I want to stay five.
Me: Why?
Cora: I don't want to grow up.
Me: There are lots of things that you can do when you grow up. Like paint your own nails.
Cora: (trying not to smile)
Me: And learn how to drive.
Cora: I like going with you.
Me: And when you get a lot older, you can have a boyfriend.
Levi: (covering his ears)

Seriously, this happened at dinner tonight. I love that Cora isn't anxious to grow up; I know one day she will be, and right now I'm savoring her innocence, sweetness and, most of all, her happiness. She is content right where she is, and I love that about her. I adore Levi's big-brother, don't-mess-with-my-baby-sister, protective nature. He is everything I would want a big brother to be: always looking out for his girls. When I pick them up from school and ask them how their day went, he always reciprocates with, "How was work?" I love that my wild man also has such a big heart. My kids are amazing.

1 comment: