Wednesday, January 12, 2011

On veggies

Levi: Mom, you should be on Top Chef.
Me: Thanks, Levi, but really I'm not a chef.
Levi: Seriously, Mom, you would win.

How sweet is he? Tonight for dinner I made cous cous and roasted sweet potatoes, new potatoes and brussels sprouts. For the kids I also cooked a chicken breast in some butter and a garlic herb blend. Guess what was left on their plate...the chicken. They scarfed the cous cous, but really, who wouldn't? It's delicious. Both types of potatoes and even the brussels sprouts also disappeared from their plates. The only thing Levi wanted seconds of was the brusselss sprouts. Maybe the chicken was disgusting. I don't think it was; it smelled really good. I obviously didn't taste it, but I do know that when I cut it up, it seemed juicy. Yet it was left behind. And I don't care. I didn't want to force my vegetarianism on them. But I'm not sure I'm going to continue cooking meat if it's just going to end up in the trash.

1 comment: