Friday, January 21, 2011

On the wisdom of little girls (a beautiful one in particular)

Me: Ugh. I hope we don't get any more snow this year.
Cora: Mom. (slight sigh of exasperation) If God wants it to snow, there will be snow. If He doesn't want it to snow, it won't.

Duh. It could be so simple. I wish I was more like the couple in C.S. Lewis's space trilogy. They "like weather," all of it. I do not. I like the sun. And that is probably wrong. After all, "The fruit we are eating is the best fruit of all.*" And I've been told repeatedly by one of my favorite people, that the snow deposits nitrogen in the ground which will make the spring blossoms even more plentiful. (Silly me, I thought it was April showers that did that).
I, once again, need to emulate Cora, and accept whatever gift is sent to me, even if it makes me shiver.


*I didn't really mean to reference the Space Trilogy twice in the post, but what I've read by Mr. Lewis has a way of sneaking into my head and sticking there.

No comments:

Post a Comment