Wednesday, December 1, 2010

In order to wake up my sweet girl, I have to snuggle and tickle and kiss her. I pull the blanket off of her and she pulls it back on (all without opening her eyes because I'm apparently very easily fooled). This process usually takes several minutes and she always insists she is way too tired for waking up.

This morning:
Me: Coooorrrraaa...
Cora: (bolts upright) It's December!!!
Me: Yup
Cora: We get to open a door today!

She was so excited about opening a door on her chocolate advent calendar. It was an incredibly simple thing: a scripture and a piece of candy. But she was thrilled. And, once again, I was challenged by my children. I tend to go through the holidays as if checking things off my to-do list. But this year, I am committed to living more like Cora, savoring each experience and getting excited about celebrating the birth of Jesus. Is there anything more worthy of my enthusiasm?

2 comments: